What is life support?
If you or someone residing at your business premises relies on Life Support Equipment, it is vital to advise your electricity retailer and distributor.
Life Support registration means that if your energy retailer or distributor plans to interrupt your power supply for maintenance, repairs or other works, they will let you know in advance so you can organise an alternative power source.
Having a back-up plan in place is essential even if you are a registered Life Support customer. This is because unexpected power outages can occur without warning (for example, during a storm).
What is Life Support Equipment?
- an oxygen concentrator
- an intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- a kidney dialysis machine
- a chronic positive airways pressure respirator
- crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- a ventilator for life support
- any other equipment that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for a person residing at the customer’s premises for life support.
Consult a doctor if you have questions about the equipment you or someone residing at your business premises uses and whether it is a Life Support Equipment.